Skip to main content

Saturday, December 19

By December 24, 2014January 13th, 2015London
We started the day early getting ready and very sleepy. So I have to go down stairs to start the day with a good cup of coffee and a English breakfast that fill me up completely. We started gathering in the lobby talking and waiting for the other group to finish getting ready to get on the bus. We all got on the bus and hit the road heading to the Hilton at Gatwick. We were there on the bus and I was sitting down with my new friend a really nice and outgoing guy name Jorge. While inside the bus we started blasting some good music for the whole group to hear we started playing some house music and some girly music as it was requested from the rest of the group. I was still sleepy while I was at the bus; I guess that coffee wasn’t as strong because I knocked out in about ten minutes after I started playing music. It was about an hour and a half trip to the London Hilton Gatwick, and as soon as we got there we were received by this amazing people from the hotel that guide us to one of their conference rooms which was ready and completely set up with water cookies tea and more for our arrival where we were sitting down in to different groups. There we were 2 guys waiting for us which one of them started talking to us about his company and all the thing that he does and how involved he is with the hospitality around the area. He told us a lot about it he said that every year he hosts a really big party where he invites all the members of his company and his group and make this huge event in the biggest ballroom of the Hilton hotel. After that we talked with one of the managers of the Hilton, where he started talking a little bit about the corporate side of Hilton and how in the past 5 years the brand has grown tremendously all around the world. He also told us that in 2010 the Hilton hotels re-entered to the stock market both the highest IPO (initial public offering) in the hospitality industry stock market. This is the part that I liked the most because since I work for Starwood it makes me know a little bit more about our competition and how are they going to be doing in the next few years. I also got to learn that as a company you can re-enter the stock market something that I didn’t know. After that we walked around the hotel were one of the managers of the hotel showed us pretty much the entire hotel.
From their rooms to their ballrooms, from their bars to their restaurants we saw how perfect the hotel is and I felt like I was part of the hotel already. We also got the chance to ask the operations manager a couple of questions before he left and one of the questions I asked it was about occupancy rate and having to deal with pilots and airlines having delays and all of that. This was very helpful because in the hotel where I work we deal with 2 airlines that have rooms where they buy for the pilots to stay. Not too long after that we went to the lobby and we headed to the airport which it was connect it to the back part of the Hilton hotel there we saw a that the airport its very extend and deal with a lot of travelers in daily basis. We are heading back to the city on the bus where I decided to stay awake pretty much the whole way there. As soon as we get to the city we go directly to the British museum. As soon as we got there we had a little break where I went to Starbucks to get myself something to eat and a strong coffee. The break finished and we start hoping inside the museum to discover what is inside of it. I meet with my sister that was waiting for me inside the museum to begin out tour. We do the whole tour and she explain us a lot about the culture and the different civilizations that were in the world before the countries were formed she told us that the Tomas were the ones that had the control of the territory back in the day. We also talked about Greece and how they used to idolize their gods and how they used to do these huge patties and celebrate their birthdays with a lot of pitying. After the tour session we were given some time go finish walking around the British museum. We stayed there for about an hour and a half and then we went to Starbucks to get a cup of coffee and something to eat. After that break we headed to this amazing Indian restaurant called roti chai where we had an amazing dinner and an awesome talk. 
After that we stayed there for a little while and we went to the hotel where we went to rest to get ready for the next day.
Skip to toolbar